Sunday 10 July 2022

23 Spirit

Genius loci is the intangible quality of a material place, perceived both physically and spiritually. It reveals itself through visible tangible and perceivable non-material features. Having quoted that, it’s interesting to note that archaeologists don’t like it. But we do, don’t we.

I don’t watch horror movies as a rule, although I did get a simple and impressive scare once in a 360° headset when someone crept up behind me. I might try to recreate that for this text afterwards. I don’t have the ley-line bug either. I have had some extraordinary and unexplainable sensations in a few places however. One in the courtyard (sahn) of the Süleymaniye Mosque in Istanbul, and another (twice!) much closer to home outside Rosslyn Chapel, famous for the Knights Templar and a scene in The Da Vinci Code. Definitely something. Not sure if it was a crusader flashback. Hope not.


I was out taking photographs yesterday of a strange chimney in the middle of a copse of trees I often see from the 44 bus. Usually in grey overcast light, it always seems significant. Sadly it was a sunny day, I will have to go back. The pic does have a sense of magic. Although I did Google it later and found out it was a vent called a stinkpipe.


Studio Morison https://vimeo.com/52501604


Maaloula https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGofwGl-faM




No comments:

Post a Comment